ROCK POWER MICROBIAL is a fast working, economical and natural oil contaminate remover. Activated MICROBES in a specially designed liquid suspension penetrate concrete substrates and completely digest oil contamination, converting it into naturally occurring by-products such as carbon dioxide and water. THIS PRODUCT IS ECO-FRIENDLY AND IS ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE FOR HUMANS, PETS, PLANTS AND AQUATIC LIFE.
ROCK POWER-MICROBIAL is designed for the removal of any and all hydrocarbon or animal fat contaminants (including motor and cutting oil, animal fat, fuel oil, kitchen grease, etc.) from a wide variety of substrates such as bare or sealed concrete, quarry and ceramic tile, decorative stone and composite flooring. ROCK-POWER MICROBIAL is formulated in two versions:
SURFACE (Microbial “S”) hydrocarbon/petroleum-based products or
FOOD-GRADE (Microbial “F”) lipid-based fats/proteins (grease, cellulose, starch)
Depends on the size and contamination level of the surface.
|Volume mix ratio||N/A (already mixed)|
|VOC||0 g/l (EPA method 24)|
|Application Temps||40° –100° F|
|Shelf Life (dry microbes) Shelf Life (activated)||1 Year+ in unopened containers 6 months – 1 year|
Limitations & For Best Results
- Ambient and substrate temperatures much be kept between 40° F & 100° F during cleaning. At colder temperatures the microbes become dormant. At higher temperatures the microbes will die
- The microbes must have water and either a hydrocarbon or lipid based “food supply” to live and work. Without water or food they will go dormant until both are available.
- Microbes cannot survive contact with most cleaning products.
Product Use / Application
- This product may be applied with either a spray or a brush. The affected area must be agitated with a brush, manually or with a power scrubber. (This is determined by the size of the area to be cleaned.)
- The solution must not rise above 100° F, and must not dry out. Water must be present at all times.
- Cleaned area may be rinsed off after a minimum application time of 20 minutes. The complete remediation process may require repeated applications.
- After application, the solution can be collected, stored in containers and re-used several times.
DO NOT subject this product to temperatures below 40 F, and in excess of 120 F. Used solution is non-flammable, and may be stored in open containers.
Be sure that all application tools and equipment (including cleaning buckets, mops, scrubbers, etc.) are thoroughly rinsed and cleaned using fresh water.
This product, activated or not, contains no hazardous materials and may be simply rinsed away into drains. All components and by-products are biodegradable. When properly rinsed this product leaves no residue.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’S Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your local representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations.