Chem-Rock Primer Sealer WB
- 2.5 Gallon Units BAG-PAKTM in a single pail.
- 25 Gallon Units in five 5 gal pails.
- 275 Gallon Drum Set (CLEAR ONLY)
- Excellent adhesion and deep substrate penetration
- Two or more coats of clear create a tough, low cost, high wearing concrete sealing system resistant to high volume rolling traffic
- No solvent odors
- More durable and cleanable alternative to traditional concrete sealers
- Fast drying time
CHEM-ROCK PRIMER/SEALER WB is a unique 2-component waterborne epoxy coating that can be used as either a primer or a concrete sealer. CHEM-ROCK PRIMER/SEALER WB can be applied as a primer under many ROCK-TRED flooring systems and is manufactured in CLEAR (slightly amber) or factory pigmented colors Gray, Tile Red and Tan. CHEM-ROCK PRIMER/SEALER WB meets USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities and all VOC/HAPS regulations for use throughout the United States.
CHEM-ROCK PRIMER/SEALER WB can be used as a primer under most ROCK-TRED Systems, or as a stand- alone polymer coating system for floors, walls and ceilings when applied in at least TWO coats.
CHEM-ROCK PRIMER/SEALER WB is typically applied at a spread rate of approximately 200 to 250 square feet per gallon depending on substrate porosity.
|Volume mix ratio
|1 to 4 (Resin to Hardener)
|550-650 CPS Typica
|Solids Content (%)
|52 % (ASTM D-2697)
|Compliant with all US Regulations
|60° – 85° F
|Working Time (at 50% RH)
|25 minutes @ 75° F
|Dry to Touch
|1 - 3 hours @ 75° F
|Through Cure (recoat with compatible materials)
|3 - 5 hours @ 75° F
|Open to light traffic
|24 hours @ 75° F
|1 Year in unopened units
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors.
- Do not apply over 12 mils per coat or allow to puddle on the floor or in joints/cracks during application as it will not cure properly
- Allow each coat to dry to 'tack-free' AND clear (when using clear version) prior to re-coat
- When re-coating, always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat.
- When applying as a solid color finish a MINIMUM of TWO pigmented coats are typically required to achieve hide.
- When applying as a standalone clear concrete sealer the first coat may appear blotchy so two coats are typically required for best appearance.
- This is not a "water clear" primer and will be amber when cured.
Apply in thin coats of 6-10 mils WFT by brush, roller or squeegee. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75° F (24° C). Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time and place of installation.
Color and Textures
CHEM-ROCK PRIMER WB is manufactured in Clear, Gray, Tan & Tile Red. Most ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of textures using an appropriate aggregate. We do not recommend field pigmenting this product with ROCK-TRED Colorants.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED's chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of product [except as otherwise noted on the individual Product Data Sheet]. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible always perform tests to determine adhesion and compatibility to the existing flooring. Mechanical surface preparation to a minimum profile of CSP-2 by means of a shot-blasting machine or rotary diamond grinder is the best and recommended preparation method for CHEM-ROCK PRIMER WB applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED's Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.