- 2.5 Gallon Units
- 12.5 Gallon Units
- Water clear and Superior UV resistance
- Very Good chemical and abrasion resistance
- Low odor even when Viscosity Reducer is added
- Zero reportable HAPS / VOCs even with Viscosity Reducer
- Single coat high build capabilities – apply at up to 20 mils per coat
- Viscosity can be changed in the field per the job needs
- Easy application in low temp environments between 0°- 60°F
- Can be tinted with ROCK-TRED Universal Colorants EXCEPT VELVET and LIGHT BLUE. Loading is one 1.5 Colorant Jar (1/2 BagPack) per 2.5 gallon mix
CHEM-THANE P-200 is a low temp curing, water clear, 2-component, 89% solids modified aliphatic / polyaspartic coating that combines the best attributes of high grade epoxy and urethane coatings. CHEM-THANE P-200 offers the highest UV resistance available, remains flexible over time and has very good abrasion and chemical resistance. CHEM-THANE P-200 has zero reportable VOC’s, zero HAPS and meets all USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities.
Uses & Typical Coverage
As a BODY or FINISH coat: CHEM-THANE P-200 is an excellent non-yellowing, body or finish coat for any ROCK-TRED floor or wall coating system. This coating is designed for use in lower temp environments (0° - 40°F) that require fast return to service and/or superior UV resistance while maintaining VOC compliance. Typical coverage per coat is from 80 sq. ft. /gal. (20 mils) to 150 sq. ft. / gal. (11 mils). For a lower viscosity you may add up to 21 oz. P-200 Viscosity Reducer per mixed gallon of P-200.
As a PRIMER coat: CHEM-THANE P200 can be used as a low temp water clear primer by adding P-200 Viscosity Reducer at 21 oz. per mixed gallon of P-200. Coverage will increase to 200+ sq. ft. / gal. (8+ mils).
|Volume mix ratio||1.5 to 1 (Resin to Hardener)|
|Viscosity (mixed)||376 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%)||89% (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness (ASTM D-2440)||60 (Shore D) @ 7 day cure|
|VOC||Compliant with all US Regulations|
|Application Temps.||0° – 40° F|
|Gel Time (see “Limitations” section below for more details)||60 minutes @ 75°F|
|Dry to Touch (recoat with compatible products)||30 minutes @ 75°F|
|Through Cure||1 hour @ 75°F|
|Open for light traffic/use||24 hours @ 75°F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened units|
Limitations & For Best Results
- May be thinned with up to 21 oz. per gallon using P-200 Viscosity Reducer. When using as primer use the maximum amount of using P-200 Viscosity Reducer.
- Adding Viscosity Reducer will reduce the viscosity and slightly increase the odors during cure, but will not alter the reportable VOC content. Adding Viscosity Reducer will slow the cure time, but will not change the performance characteristics of the cured material.
- Do not allow to puddle during application.
- Allow each coat to dry to ‘tack-free’ or clear prior to recoat.
- Do not apply when humidity exceeds 70% indoors.
- When re-coating, apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat.
- Mix on very low RPM or using a stir stick for 45-60 seconds. DO NOT INTRODUCE ANY AIR.
- Do not over back-roll as this will entrain air.
- P-200 will cure down to 0°F. When applying below 40°F, pre-condition the resin and hardener to approximately 40°F prior to mixing and application.
- Applications above 60°F may produce an orange peel finish. Using P-100 is recommended above 40°F.
- Gel time listed above for this product should not be confused with working time – actual working time is typically 10-15 minutes at 40°F when no Viscosity Reducer has been added.
Apply by brush, roller and squeegee. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75°F. Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product – always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time and place of installation.
Color and Textures
CHEM-THANE P-200 is manufactured in water clear. Using a 1.5 Jar (1/2 of one BagPack) of ROCK-TRED UNIVERSAL Colorant per 2.5 gallon mix is acceptable except for VELVET or LIGHT BLUE – do not use VELVET or LIGHT BLUE with P-200. Most ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED’s chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of product [except as otherwise noted on the individual Product Data Sheet]. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible always perform tests to determine adhesion and compatibility to the existing flooring. Mechanical preparation by means of a diamond grinding or shot-blasting machine to a minimum CSP-2 profile followed by application of CHEM-THANE P- 200 with full load of P-200 Viscosity Reducer or another appropriate ROCK-TRED primer or base system is the best and recommended installation method for CHEM-THANE P-200 applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’s Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.