- 2.5 Gallon Units BAG-PAKTM in a single pail.
- 25 Gallon Units in five 5 gallons
- Waterborne with no strong odors
- Excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates
- Penetrates deeply into prepared concrete substrate for low film build
- Able to be field pigmented with ROCK-TRED Universal Colorants – use one 1.5 Jar per 2.5 gal. mix
- Fast drying time
ROCK-PRIME DP is a fast curing, cost-effective, 2-component waterborne epoxy primer intended for use as a clear or field pigmented primer or concrete sealer coat. ROCK-PRIME DP has no offensive odor, has no reportable VOC or HAPS and meets all USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities.
ROCK-PRIME DP can be used as a standard primer under most ROCK-TRED flooring or wall systems. It can be used as a direct to prepared concrete finish sealer where low or no topical film build is desired or as a pre-primer under other ROCK-TRED Primers/Coatings where extreme bond strength is required due to poor substrate conditions.
ROCK-PRIME DP is typically applied at a spread rate of approximately 250 - 350 square feet per gallon depending on substrate porosity.
|Volume mix ratio||1:4 (Resin to Hardener)|
|Viscosity (mixed)||30 – 50 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%)||48% (ASTM D-2697)|
|VOC||0 g/l (EPA method 24)|
|Application Temps.||60° – 85° F|
|Gel Time (at 50% RH)||45 - 60 minutes @ 75° F|
|Dry to Touch||30 – 60 minutes @ 75° F|
|Through Cure (recoat with compatible materials)||2 - 3 hours @ 75° F|
|Open to light traffic||24 hours @ 75° F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened units|
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors.
- Allow each coat to dry to 'tack-free' prior to re-coat.
- When re-coating, always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat.
- Not recommended as a body or finish coat.
- Do not apply in heavier coats than recommended. Do not allow to puddle or collect in cracks, joints, etc. during application or improper cure may result.
- When applying in a solid color mix the 1.5 Jar (or ½ BAG-PAK) of ROCK-TRED Universal Colorant per kit into the Hardener side until homogenous. Then combine colored Hardener with Resin and mix for 2 minutes.
- Do not apply over existing coatings.
- Do not apply directly to EASYCOVE.
- Separation is possible during storage. Follow two step mixing instructions below to prevent product failure.
Using a low speed drill and spiral mixing blade pre-mix HARDENER for approximately 30 - 60 seconds to reincorporate any separated liquids. Slowly add RESIN component to pre-mixed HARDENER and mix for an additional 2 minutes to catalyze unit. Product will become cloudy during mixing, but will dry clear with proper application. Apply in coats of 5 – 8 mils WFT by brush, roller and/or squeegee. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75°F. Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time and place of installation.
Color and Textures
ROCK-PRIME DP is manufactured in clear and can be field pigmented using one 1.5 Jar (or ½ BAG-PAK) of ROCK-TRED Universal Colorant per 2.5 gallon kit. Most ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED's chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCKTRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of product [except as otherwise noted on the individual Product Data Sheet]. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible always perform tests to determine adhesion and compatibility to the existing flooring. Mechanical surface preparation to a minimum profile of CSP-2 by means of a shot-blasting machine or rotary diamond grinder is the best and recommended preparation method for ROCK-PRIME DP applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED's Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.