- 1 bag of part C,
1 gal can of part A and part b
1 jar of colorant
- Highly resistant to thermal shock and elevated temperatures
- High compressive strength and abrasion resistance
- Very good broad spectrum chemical resistance
- Self-priming over bare concrete substrates
- Able to be field tinted using ROCK-TRED Universal Colorants
- Can be applied to freshly poured concrete after a minimum 7 day cure time
- Tolerates up to 6 lbs. per square foot per 24 hours MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate)
- Will tolerate damp substrates during installation
- Accelerator available for fast turn needs or for installations from 40° - 50°F
- Can be left without a finish coat or can be sealed with top coats to meet project specific requirements
- VOC compliant
- Can be applied to large areas quickly and easily
ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) is a high-solids cementitious urethane flooring system applied as a self-leveling slurry broadcast. ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) has a coefficient of expansion similar to that of concrete allowing it to tolerate large temperature swings (thermal-shock) and service exposure to wet and dry temperatures of up to 220° F.
ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) contains zero VOC’s, resists caustics, organic and inorganic acids and many other harsh chemicals. ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) is ideal for use in food and beverage processing plants and commercial kitchens. ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) meets all of the USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities.
ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) is to be applied using a gauge rake at a minimum thickness of 1/8” and up to 3/16” thickness per lift. Each ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) Kit includes one set of Part A & B Liquids, one UNIVERAL Colorant Bag-Pak, and one bag of Natural Colored Part C Slurry Aggregate. Field tested PER KIT yields are 60 sq. ft. at 1/8” thickness or 40 sq. ft. at 3/16” thickness. Applications greater than 3/16” thick are not recommended. Coverage rates assume an even concrete substrate mechanically prepared to a CSP-3 profile.
|Mix design||2.0 Mixed Gallons of Urethane Liquids (Parts A & B) to One 50 lb. bag of SL Aggregate ( Part C)|
|Viscosity (mixed)||520 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%)||95% (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness (ASTM D-2240)||80-90 (Shore D)|
|VOC||Compliant with all US Regulations|
|Application Temps.||50° – 75° F 40° – 50° F (precondition material to 70° F)|
|Working time||15 minutes @ 75° F|
|Recoat time||3-4 hours @ 75° F|
|‘Open’ to foot traffic||5-6 hours @ 75° F|
|‘Open’ to vehicle traffic||12-16 hours @ 75° F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened units|
Limitations & For Best Results
- ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) liquids WILL NOT perform correctly without the Part C / SL Aggregate added.
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors.
- Allow each coat to dry to ‘tack-free’ prior to re-coat.
- Always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous application.
- Do not apply this product thinner or thicker than the recommended spread rate / mil thickness.
- Do not apply over highly porous substrates as blistering may occur – when necessary to seal porosity prime with 1 coat of ROCK-CRETE Dressing to seal pinholes prior to SLapplication.
- As an aromatic urethane ROCK-CRETE products are not completely color stability and may discolor and/or “chalk” with UV exposure. To prevent discoloration and chalking topcoat with a non-ROCK-CRETE finish coat. Call ROCK-TRED for specific details.
- For applications below 50° F PRECONDITION the material to 70° F prior to use.
- All cementitious urethane products naturally produce carbon dioxide bubbles during the cure process. Spike rolling helps to release entrapped bubbles, but broadcasting aggregate to rejection will produce a “pinhole free” finish 100% of the time.
Product Mixing & Application
Empty Part A Base into mixing vessel and add in up to one 1.5 Jar Universal Colorant. Drill mix on low speed with an oval whisk style mixing blade for 1 minute or until a homogenous color results. Add in Part B Hardener and continue to drill mix on low speed for an additional minute. Slowly add in Part C and up to 1 vial of ROCK-CRETE Accelerator while continuing to mix for an additional minute until mix is homogenous and lump free. Apply by cam rake followed by rolling with a metal spiked roller. Metal spikes must be long enough to make contact with the substrate through the ROCK-CRETE. Broadcast PCA322 35/50 mesh (or larger) aggregate to rejection. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75° F. Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time of installation.
Color and Textures
ROCK-CRETE SL (V.2013) is manufactured in NATURAL and is able to be tinted in select colors using one 1.5 Jar Unit or ½ of one BagPak of ROCK-TRED UNIVERAL Colorant per kit. ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of optional topcoats and textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED’s chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 7 days prior to application of product. ROCK-CRETE SL is designed for application directly to bare concrete. Mechanical preparation by means of a shot-blasting or diamond grinding machine to a minimum CSP-3 profile is the best and recommended preparation method for ROCK-CRETE SL applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’s Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.