- 300x300 ML Dual Cartridge Tube Sets
- Available in single units or cases of 12 units
- 2 gal unit packaged in 1 gal cans
- 10 gal unit packaged in two 5 gallon pails
- Ease of installation
- Cures down to 0° F
- Quickly achieves high compressive strength
- Cure naturally to a GRAY color, but can be field pigmented in limited ROCK-TRED Standard Colors
- Low viscosity for deep penetration and best adhesion
- Easy mix ratio
- Heavy traffic in 10 minutes @ 75° F
ROCK-MENDER is an ultra-fast cure 100% solids solvent-free and VOC compliant, 2-component high-strength polyurea patching material. ROCK-MENDER is formulated to allow for heavy vehicular traffic within 10 minutes of application. ROCK-MENDER is an extremely low viscosity product that allows for deep penetration into the concrete substrate for superior adhesion. ROCK-MENDER has good resistance to most common chemicals and meets all USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities.
ROCK-MENDER is excellent for interior applications up to 130° F and will cure down to 0° F. ROCK-MENDER is designed for repairing concrete spalls and rebuilding non-moving joints and cracks either as a finished product or prior to applying a ROCK-TRED flooring system.
|Volume mix ratio||1 to 1 Part A to Part B|
|Viscosity (mixed)||<150 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%)||100 % (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness (ASTM D-2240)||75 (Shore D)|
|VOC||5.5 g/l (EPA method 24)|
|Application Temps.||0° – 130° F|
|Compressive Strength||8,000 psi (ASTM D-695)|
|Tensile Strength||3,444 psi (ASTM D-412)|
|Working time||90 seconds @ 75° F|
|Recoat time||10 minutes @ 75° F|
|'Open' to foot traffic||10 minutes @ 75° F|
|'Open' to vehicle traffic||10 minutes @ 75° F|
|Shelf Life||6 months in unopened containers|
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not thin this product.
- Deeper repairs require multiple lifts at ¼" thickness or less.
- Do not apply to damp concrete.
- Product sets VERY RAPIDLY – only mix enough material as can be applied within 90 seconds!
- When applying using the dual cartridge tube set ALWAYS keep the static mixing wand POINTING DOWNWARD or product may flow backwards into tube set and catalyze.
- When re-coating or over coating always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat and sprinkle the surface with aggregate to promote adhesion of subsequent coats. If not sprinkling sand the cured ROCK-MENDER should be quickly sanded or diamond ground prior to over coating. Coating over with waterborne products is not recommended.
- When applying this product in low temperature environments it is best to "condition" the liquids and aggregate at the application temperature for some time prior to application.
Product Mixing and Application
Pour Part A into mixing vessel. Pour equal amount of Part B into mixing vessel and mix on low speed with a spiral mixing blade (300 RPM) or by hand with a stir stick for 30 seconds until a homogenous blend is achieved.
1. Joint/Crack Repair: Apply a thin layer of ROCK-MENDER liquids directly to the crack or joint to be repaired via brush. Immediately fill the joint or crack nearly to level with PCA322 aggregate. Pour ROCK-MENDER liquids over sand to fill the repair to flush. The low viscosity liquids will seep into the aggregate quickly. Finish the wet aggregate quickly with a trowel to smooth the surface of the repair.
2. Deep Fill or Overlay Repair: After mixing liquids per above instructions add PCA322 aggregate into the mixed ROCKMENDER liquids at a ratio of 10 pounds aggregate per mixed gallon of liquids. Blend quickly with a stir stick or spiral blade just until aggregate is fully wet out. Pour into area to repair and finish with a trowel. More PCA322 aggregate may be broadcast into the wet liquids once they are placed to bulk up the repair as needed. Apply in maximum ¼" lifts. Do not overwork the material once placed or the finish will not be smooth.
Color and Textures
ROCK-MENDER will naturally cure to a gray color. Select ROCK-TRED Universal Colorants may be added to the resin at time of mixing per the following chart, but the resulting colors will not perfectly match the ROCK-TRED Standard Color chart upon cure.
Fluid OZ of Universal Colorant per Mixed Gallon ROCK-MENDER
|Gun Powder Grey||12|
Colors not listed on the previous chart are not recommended for use with ROCK-MENDER. Various textrures can be achieved by broadcasting different aggregates into the finish before cure.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED's chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
SURFACE PREPARTION: Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of product [except as otherwise noted on the individual Product Data Sheet]. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible always perform tests to determine adhesion and compatibility to the existing flooring. Mechanical surface preparation to a CSP-2 minimum profile by means of a shot-blasting or rotary diamond grinding machine is the best and recommended preparation method for ROCK-MENDER. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with xylene or toluene.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED'S Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your local representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.