- 2 bags of part C,
1 gal can of part A and part b
1 jar of colorant
- Highly resistant to thermal shock and elevated temperatures
- High compressive strength and abrasion resistance
- Very good broad spectrum chemical resistance
- Self-priming over bare concrete substrates
- VOC compliant
- Able to be colored using ROCK-TRED Universal Colorants
- Tolerates up to 6 lbs. per square foot per 24 hours MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate
- Will tolerate damp substrates during installation
- Accelerator available for fast turn needs or for installations from 40° -50°F
- Can be left without a finish coat or can be sealed with top coats to meet project specific requirements
- Can be applied to freshly poured concrete after a minimum 7 day cure time
ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) is a high-solids cementitious urethane flooring system designed for hand trowel application. ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) has a coefficient of expansion similar to that of concrete allowing it to tolerate large temperature swings (thermal-shock) and service exposure to wet and dry temperatures of up to 220° F.
ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) contains zero VOC’s, resists caustics, organic and inorganic acids and many other harsh chemicals. ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) is ideal for use in food and beverage processing plants and commercial kitchens. ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) meets all of the USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities.
ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) is to be applied at a thickness of ¼” – 3/8” per lift. Each ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) Kit includes one set of Parts A & B Liquids, one 1.5 Jar Unit of ROCK-TRED UNIVERAL Colorant and TWO bags of Part C TROWEL Aggregate. Approximate PER KIT yield at ¼” thickness is 52 square feet. Theoretical coverage rates assume an even concrete substrate mechanically prepared to a CSP-3 profile.
|Mix design||2.0 Mixed Gallons of Urethane Liquids (Parts A & B) to TWO 45 lb. bags of RT Aggregate ( Part C)|
|Viscosity (mixed)||520 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%)||95% (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness (ASTM D-2240)||80-90 (Shore D)|
|VOC||0 g/l (EPA method 24)|
|Application Temps.||50° – 75° F 40° – 50° F (precondition material)|
|Working time||20 minutes @ 75° F|
|Recoat time||4-6 hours @ 75° F|
|‘Open’ to foot traffic||6-8 hours @ 75° F|
|‘Open’ to vehicle traffic||12-16 hours @ 75° F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened units|
Limitations & For Best Results
- ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) liquids WILL NOT cure properly without the Part C / TR Aggregate added.
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors.
- Allow each coat to dry to ‘tack-free’ or clear prior to recoat.
- Always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous application.
- Do not apply this product heavier / thicker than the recommended spread rate / mil thickness.
- When installing on an incline, sloping or forming cove base up to 10 pounds of PCA322 aggregate may be added per batch to stiffen the material.
- As an aromatic urethane ROCK-CRETE products are not very color stability and may discolor and/or “chalk”. Discoloration and chalking will not affect system performance. To prevent discoloration and chalking topcoat with a non-ROCK-CRETE finish coat. Call ROCK-TRED for specific details.
- For applications below 50°F PRE-CONDITION the ROCK-CRETE liquids to 70°F prior to mixing/install.
- All cementitious urethane products naturally produce carbon dioxide bubbles during the cure process, but are less prevalent in trowel down applications.
Empty Part A Base into mixing vessel and add in up to one 1.5 Jar Universal Colorant. Drill mix on low speed with an oval whisk style mixing blade for 1 minute or until a homogenous color results. Add in Part B Hardener and continue to drill mix on low speed for an additional minute. Slowly add in Part C and up to 1 vial of ROCK-CRETE Accelerator while continuing to mix for an additional minute until mix is homogenous and lump free. Apply by gauge rake or hand trowel followed by a loop roller as needed to remove trowel marks and bring liquids to surface. Broadcast media onto wet material if so desired for texture. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75°F. Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time of installation.
Color and Textures
ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) is manufactured in NATURAL and is able to be tinted in select colors using one 1.5 Jar (1/2 BAG-PAK) of ROCK-TRED UNIVERAL Colorant per mix. ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of optional topcoats and textures using an appropriate aggregate. Darker colors appear the most uniform.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED’s chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 7 days prior to application of product. ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) is designed for application directly to bare concrete. Mechanical preparation by means of a shot-blasting or diamond grinding machine to a minimum CSP-3 profile is the best and recommended preparation method for ROCK-CRETE TR (V.2014) applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’s Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.