- 1.5 Gallon Unit (packaged in two cans).
- 15 Gallon Unit (packaged in three five gallon pails available for special order with additional lead time).
- Superior UV resistance
- Excellent gloss retention
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Easy 2:1 mix ratio
- High coverage rate
- Highly chemical resistant
CHEM-THANE 509 is a 2-component, 55% solids water-clear, polyester aliphatic polyurethane. This high-performance CRU produces a high gloss finish and offers high light reflectivity, is non-chalking, and has superior UV resistance. CHEM-THANE 509 provides superior protection from many chemicals and has excellent abrasion resistance.
CHEM-THANE 509 is an ideal protective finish coating for applications to ROCK-TRED floor or wall systems. It is the preferred finish coat where color stability is important and where some odor can be tolerated.
CHEM-THANE 509 should be applied at an approximate coverage rate of 325 - 350 sq. ft. / gal.
CHEM-THANE 509 is manufactured and normally stocked in 1.5 gallon CLEAR, GLOSS and SATIN units only. Larger units and a limited selection of SOLID COLORS are available with additional lead time and in minimum order quantities.
|Volume mix ratio||2 to 1 (Resin to Hardener)|
|Viscosity (mixed)||150 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%])||55% (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness||55-65 (Shore D). 100 (Shore A)|
|VOC||Clear = 389 g/l (EPA method 24)
Pigmented = 372 g/l (EPA method 24)
|Application Temps.||60° – 85°F|
|Gel time||60 minutes @ 75°F|
|Dry to Touch (recoat with compatible products)||12 hours (min.) @ 75°F|
|Through Cure||18 hours @ 75°F|
|Open for light traffic/use||24+ hours @ 75°F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened containers|
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors.
- Do not allow to puddle during application or during cure. Allow each coat to dry completely prior to re-coat.
- Allow previous coatings of other polymer products to dry completely prior to application of CHEM-THANE 509.
- When re-coating, always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat.
- Allow for proper ventilation with minimal air flow and keep away from ignition sources. Poor ventilation can lead to solvent entrapment which can inhibit product curing and cause yellowing.
- Do not apply this product heavier / thicker than the recommended spread rate / mil thickness. Product should be applied in thin coats not exceeding 5 mils WFT.
- This product has broad spectrum chemical resistance, but like all CRU, is not highly resistant to solvents
Apply using brush and roller. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75° F. Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product – always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time and place of installation.
Color and Textures
CHEM-THANE 509 is manufactured and normally stocked in 1.5 gallon CLEAR units of GLOSS and SATIN only. SOLID COLOR kits are available with additional lead time and in minimum order quantities. Most ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED’s chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of product [except as otherwise noted on the individual Product Data Sheet]. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible always perform tests to determine adhesion and compatibility to the existing flooring. Mechanical preparation by means of a diamond grinding machine to a minimum CSP-2 profile followed by application of an appropriate ROCK-TRED primer or base system is the best and recommended installation method for CHEM-THANE 509 applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’s Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.