CHEM-THANE P-50/100/Flex Viscosity Reducer is a field additive designed for use with CHEM-THANE P-50, P-100 and P-Flex; ROCKTRED’s modified aliphatic / polyaspartic high performance coatings.
CHEM-THANE P-50/100/Flex Viscosity Reducer aids in ease of application when using CHEM-THANE P-50, P-100 or P-Flex by lowering the mixed viscosity of the material and allowing for higher coverage rates. When at least 10 oz. of the Viscosity Reducer is added to CHEM-THANE P-100 it becomes a self-priming coating. Viscosity Reducer is not required in CHEM-THANE P-50 when used as a primer. CHEM-THANE P-FLEX is not recommended for use directly to concrete.
CHEM-THANE P-50/100/Flex Viscosity Reducer is to be used only with CHEM-THANE P-50, P-100 or P-Flex. Do not exceed the following maximum loading of Reducer per mixed gallon of product.
- CHEM-THANE P-50 6 oz. Reducer/Mixed Gal. Maximum
- CHEM-THANE P-100 16 oz. Reducer/Mixed Gal. Maximum
- CHEM-THANE P-Flex 12 oz. Reducer/Mixed Gal. Maximum
You may use less than the maximum loading rate to fine tune the mixed viscosity per the job needs.
- Packaged as a field additive to provide applicator control over finished mixed viscosity of product.
- Using Viscosity Reducer will not alter the high performance physical properties such as UV and chemical resistance, flexibility and abrasion resistance.
- Will increase the flow, leveling and coverage rate of the product.
- Use will allow CHEM-THANE P-100 to be applied as a primer.
- CHEM-THANE P-50/P-100 Viscosity Reducer is made from VOC exempt, low odor materials. Using the Viscosity Reducer will NOT increase reportable VOC or HAPS. Only a slight odor increase results when used at the maximum loading ratio.
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not use more than 16 oz. of Viscosity Reducer per mixed gallon of CHEM-THANE P- 100.
- Do not use more than 6 oz. of Viscosity Reducer per mixed gallon of CHEM-THANE P- 50.
- Do not use more than 12 oz. of Viscosity Reducer per mixed gallon of CHEM-THANE PFlex.
- When applying CHEM-THANE P-100 directly to concrete add a minimum of 10 oz. Viscosity Reducer per mixed gallon of P-100.
- Using Viscosity Reducer in pigmented CHEMTHANE P-50, P-100 or P-Flex will result in less than normal hiding.
- Keep away from open flame and ignition sources.
Add CHEM-THANE P-50/100/Flex Viscosity Reducer to the resin component of the product, mix slowly by hand or at very low RPM for 30 seconds until incorporated. Proceed to add colorant if needed and mix until homogenous. Add Hardener and follow standard mixing and application instructions.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50° F.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’s Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.
Rock-Tred Products in action. Learn why it is important to hire a professional and use superior products for residential garage epoxy floor projects.
Mike Lenk demonstrates the Rock Tred 1 Day Garage floor installation with the Chem Rock LT (low temperature) and the Chem Rock Ultra UV Top Coat. For more information about these products.
Having control of the product from development to raw materials to production means that Rock Tred offers a vastly superior product for the money. Dr. Steve Hodges, Product Technical Director discusses how all Rock Tred Products are put through a rigorous set of product quality tests and are supported all the way through application.
Times are tough for contractors these days. By doing business with Rock-Tred, you can put more cash towards your bottom line.